Skooby Renamer is a utility for renaming files and folders. It has many powerful options for creating and formatting filenames and carrying out renaming operations. But what really raises it above the competition is that it is completely self-contained, with its own built-in file browser.
- File management
- Finder-style column browser with sidebar for easy file selection.
- Thumbnail viewer for easier browsing of images.
- Thumbnail export. Thumb viewer can export thumbs as jpg files, either using existing thumbnails or new ones created with the desired size and quality.
- File browser can be detached from the main window, allowing it to be resized freely.
- File preview drawer gives full-size preview of file contents.
- Flexible and powerful New Name options, with name, number and datestamp elements.
- Options for altering existing filenames, including find/replace, trim, remove numbers, remove specified characters, change case, make Windows- and/or UNIX-compatible.
- Find/replace options support regular expressions.
- Quick-n-easy Simple setting for when you just want to quickly rename some files with a name and number.
- Pixel-size calculation for image files.
- Word-count calculation for text files.
- Rename MP3 files with ID3 tags (artist, album, title etc.).
- Rename jpg files with EXIF tags (if available).
- Presets - create and save sets of renaming options which can be retrieved and applied at a stroke.
- Optional receipt generation for each renaming operation (a receipt is a text file giving details of date, operation type, files renamed etc).
- File system search by filename, type, date. (Supports regular expressions.)
- Four different types of rename operation - Rename; Copy & Rename; Move & Rename; Copy Rename & Move.
Skooby Micronamer is a handy little doohickey which lets you use all Skooby Renamer's powers from the Finder (or any other file-browsing app).
Whenever you need to do some renaming, but don't need the main application, just fire up the Micronamer. Drag files out of the Finder and drop them on the preset of your choice - presto-voodoo, your files are renamed.
Managing the Micronamer's appearance is dead simple. You can show/hide the presets list, float/unfloat it, and adjust its transparency, all from within the Micronamer itself.
You can download Skooby Renamer from our Downloads page. Skooby Micronamer is included in the download package.
Skooby Renamer requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.